Auto Air Conditioning Not Blowing Cold Air?
If you haven’t lived in Arizona in May, June, July or August you are in for a big surprise if your auto air conditioning (A/C) does not blow ice cold air. On the days where the Valley can get to 115° degrees it can be up to 130° inside your car! When those hot summer months are creeping up, and driving around with the windows down becomes uncomfortable, it’s time to turn on the A/C. If you reach for the control only to have warm air blow in your face, it may be time to have your air conditioning serviced or repaired to get you back to the ice-cold air you need in this heat. In Arizona, air conditioning is more of a necessity than a luxury. Bring your car in to have the system serviced before those hot summer months take you by surprise. We offer a clear explanation on what’s needed for air conditioning repair.
TRUSTED AIR CONDITIONING REPAIR AND SERVICE IN CHANDLER
For over 60 years, Dana Tire & Auto Service has been the go-to for reliable and honest air conditioning (A/C) repair and replacement services. We are highly-skilled and experienced A/C technicians. We also have the right equipment and auto parts for both domestic and foreign air conditioning systems. Our skilled technicians are knowledgeable in compressors, condensers, blower motors, high pressure lines, expansion valves, R-22 and R410A refrigerants. Our technicians are knowledgeable about every aspect of your car’s A/C system. We can handle air conditioning service and repair on any car make and model.
We offer a comprehensive examination of your heating and air conditioning system. Our certified technicians will check each part of the unit, verifying that there are no leaks or cracks in the system, and that fluids are at an optimum level. They will inspect all belts, hoses and seals impacting the system’s performance, and perform tests to ensure the air blowing is cold, and that the refrigerant pressure meets the specifications of the manufacturer.
Dana Tire & Auto Service believes in being honest with our customers. If your unit only needs servicing, we are not going to sell you on replacing a component that is working properly. Our business is built around honest diagnostics, exceptional service, and prices that won’t break the bank. If your vehicle is not keeping you cool, contact Dana Tire & Auto Service in Chandler today for an A/C inspection!
Auto Air Conditioning Service and Repair Professionals
Don’t be afraid to ask questions why your car needs a particular service. At Dana Tire & Auto Service, our auto professionals are patient and knowledgeable. They will correctly diagnose the problem and educate you with the parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting of your brakes. Here are some common air conditioning problems that call for an A/C repair or service:
- A/C blows warm air
- Air only blows cool when the car is in motion, not while parked or stopped at a light
- Musty smell coming from the air blowing in
- Airflow is low, even when unit is on max A/C
Car Air Conditioning Service & Repair in Chandler
- Vacuum leaks– Your car’s air conditioning like your home’s A/C runs on a closed loop system. If it does not hold pressure there is a leak. If there are leaks the system does not work properly. Diagnosing leaks is a diligent process. It can be done with a U/V light. The condenser, hoses, spring-lock couplings, orifice tubes, hose connections, accumulator fittings, service fittings, compressor shaft seal, suction hose fittings, and evaporator can also be inspected. One way for a quick check is to look for leaks with a special dye in the system or check with the electronic leak detector that will assist in locating difficult leaks.
- Evaporator Temp Sensor– The A/C system works through high and low pressure systems. The system moves the refrigerant through the condenser which removes the heat. The coolant enters the expansion valve or orifice tube. High pressure liquid then becomes a low pressure vapor at the expansion valve. This icy vapor goes through the evaporator where it changes to a low pressure liquid again and then back to the compressor to repeat the cycle again. Our expert technician will give you an honest and complete inspection and the right service.
- System Contamination– Our Phoenix temperatures put a lot of demand on the A/C unit. One of the biggest problems is water getting into the air conditioning system and then freezing, which causes corrosion. Sometimes an evacuation is needed to clean out the system of any water or contaminants. After all the repairs are made, then the Air Conditioning system will put the correct amount of refrigerant put back into the system.
- Low Refrigerant– Probably the first and easiest test is to check the A/C temperature inside the car while listening for the clutch to cycle on and off indicating low refrigerant with a good clutch. An inspection of the sight glass showing the refrigerant, may show possible oil streaks on the glass, bubbles or foam which will also let the technician know the health and level of the refrigerant.
- Compressor– Ensure the serpintine belt is not cracked or slipping which would not engage the clutch. Also if the A/C is turned to Max and you hear squealing or clunking this is also a sign of a bad compressor.
- Condenser Fan– If the air that blows out of the vents is warm this can mean your fan is not blowing on the condenser and exchanging heat. Another sign can be if you smell burning or overheating while idling.
Honest & Reliable Air Conditioning Service and Repair in Chandler Arizona
Car owners want to have confidence in their auto mechanic before entrusting their car to them. We understand this. That is why Dana Tire & Auto Service is committed to high-quality workmanship and the best equipment for repairs. Give us a call at 480-963-4534. We will make sure your air conditioning in your car is working right.
CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL AUTO REPAIR MECHANIC TODAY!
Dana Tire & Auto Service is a local company you can count on. We provide excellent car maintenance services every day, except Sunday, our family day. Schedule a car repair and maintenance appointment from Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and on Saturday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. We are looking forward to providing you the best car service in Arizona!